Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I am happy

I am happy.

Did I have a breakthrough (finding that investor, completing that product, etc.)? No

After quite a hectic day which involved a few meetings, making another round of changes to the slides for my plan (I see the value in business canvas and business plans) and preparing for a private equity case competition I decided to call it a day. As I was walking back home, I felt happy.

I realized that I was genuinely happy, there was no reason for this happiness.

Earlier in the day, I had a chat with a person I consider one of my mentors / sounding boards. I was talking about my experience of highs and lows during the past 4-5 months and how I am committed to my goal. He mentioned that the peaks will be much more magnified, nothing has happened so far. I am looking forward to experience that Nirvana of the higher highs and hope I become strong enough to face the lower lows.

I am happy because I love this period of my life. I do not think I have done anything I would call tough in my life so far. This decision has been tough, and it has been a blast so far.

There have been times over the past few months where I was anxious about my decision to go down this route. I replied to quite a few job postings during my lows. Since I was not really interested in this, I decided not to apply to companies that required a cover letter. I couldn't be bothered with wasting time writing how company X was great and I was a perfect fit. The happiness I felt on my way back today is something that finally has put the nail in the coffin. That moment was worth more than the cushion a job has to offer. I reserve the right to change that stance if I get wiser when the reality of dollars and cents hits me, at which point there will be an additional post :).

I am 'pursuing my passion' and all set to enjoy this roller coaster of a ride. The clock ticks. Tick tock tick tock....

No comments:

Post a Comment