Monday, March 23, 2015

Why did I choose this path?

My last post had 6 views. For the 5 of you I do not know and who might not know me, I am a second year MBA student at IESE Business School. Prior to the MBA I worked in financial services sector, and realized my childhood dream of working at an investment bank over the summer during my first year. If you are wondering, that last bit is not true. And no, the long hours at investment banking was not the cause of this epiphany. I-Banking was a great experience but for me it will be one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

Now to the topic of this post. Why want to do something of my own? Why now? What do I expect out of it? Am I made for this?

I chose this path because
1.) There is a cause I firmly believe in
2.) I am confident that there is a way to create a business while addressing the problem
3.) It will be a challenging an rewarding experience
4.) I have faith that I will eventually be successful even though it might take some time
In case you are still wondering, I love the lyrics to the Frank Sinatra song 'I did it my way'.

Not to mention FOMO :D. Everyone else seems to be doing it / talking about it, why shouldn't I have my shot at the next unicorn? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment